Posted on 2021/09/09
Job type Data Scientist
Programming language Python
Filter by IT skills Python
Filter by years of experience 3 - 5 Years
Salary min 7 million yen (annually)
Salary max 10 million yen (annually)
Japanese level Business level (Intermediate)
English level Business
Ref ID 6158
Job appeal Flex time; Less to No Overtime; Project related to overseas; Work in English; Using new tech
- Experience coding with modern development tools
- Experience in software development and DevOps is a plus.
- Experience applying advanced analytics and the ability to synthesize complex data
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in data analytics or related field
- Experience in data analysis using R or Python (pandas, scikit-learn, or equivalent tools)
- Japanese N3 intermediate level
- Business level English
Good to have
- Extensive experience in technology and data science
- Understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings (linear/logistic regression, random forests, boosting, NN, etc.)
- Ability to extract, merge, and analyze complex data sets using SQL.
- Experience integrating and analyzing data from multiple sources.
- Experience working with large data sets, especially on Hadoop, Spark, or cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP - Ability to synthesize complex data and findings into clear and presentable reports
- Experience in client relationship management as a consultant or salesperson
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. tableau, D3.js, ggplot, Bokeh, Matplotlib, etc.)
About the Company
Silver Egg Technology is a leading company in the real-time recommendation space in Japan. For many years, we have been using the most advanced recommendation technology to show the best products and content to each user on the most popular websites in Japan. Through our services, we help our clients create a welcoming online experience for their users.
Silver Egg Technology is the market leader in the real-time e-commerce sales optimization space in Japan. We have been providing recommendation services on Japan's largest e-commerce platform for many years, and through our services we are helping to build experiences that customers love.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our research team. In this position, you will be exposed to real-world, real-time optimization problems across a variety of industries.
The mission of this position is to develop and implement cutting edge technologies.
This position is responsible for keeping abreast of the latest technologies, tools, and approaches, applying advanced analytical thinking to various business problems, and making optimal and efficient proposals to discover key insights (e.g., recommendations, customer segmentation, lifetime value, etc.).
You will also be involved in proposing the development of new services.
Passion for analysis and problem solving
Passion for building things
Passion for learning (new problem domains, algorithms, tools, etc.
Language: Python3 (with some Python2)
Environment: MacOS/Linux (Ubuntu), Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud Platform
Framework: Pyramid, Ember.js (to be replaced from time to time, depending on proposals, etc.)
Management tools: Phabricator, Git, Arcanist
Development method: Scrum
Total: 60 (including temporary staff)
7 foreign nationals from USA, Netherlands, UK, Mexico, Philippines, China
Internal language: Japanese, English
* Discretionary work system
*Average overtime: 8-15 hours/ month
Welfare and Benefits
Social insurance (employment, worker's compensation, health, and welfare pension)
All transportation expenses paid
Access to recreational facilities of Chubu IT Industry Health Insurance Association
Two days off per week (Saturday and Sunday)
Year-end and New Year vacations (last year's results: 6 working days (12 days including Saturday, Sunday and holidays))
GW vacations (as per calendar),
Congratulation or condolence leave
Annual holidays: 126 days
Three days of company paid vacation are granted on the day of employment.
Maternity leave, childcare leave, nursing care leave, and shortened work hours during childcare.
First round of interviews (General Managers, Managers)
Final interview <President, Co-founder, COO
*There may be more interviews or meetings, or they may be scheduled on different days.
Backend Engineer Tech Lead/ Global Tech Company/ N2(5967)
TECH SOLUTION COMPANY
Overseas sales /Game Media / Native level of English required
No.1 Game media in Japan
Project related to overseas
Web Engineer Lead Position/ Digital Securities/ Business Level Japanese and English
Upstream development projects (上流工程)