Extension of applications for residence status in Japan for foreigners
Extension of the period for acceptance of applications and the application examination results
Regarding Application for Residence for foreign nationals in Japan, the Ministry of Justice announced May 12 that it will extend the period for acceptance of applications and the application examination results in order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The extension will be applied to those who plan to submit applications to change the status of residence and applications to extend the period of stay, EXCLUDING foreigners working in Japan under the “Designated Activities「特定活動（出国準備期間）).
Extension of applications rules
According to the new regulations: 1) Applications for change or extension of residence status whose expiration date due in March, April, May, June and July will be accepted for an extended period of three months from the expiration date of the period of stay of the relevant foreign nationals. 2) Receipt of examination result is normally two months from the date of expiration of the period but will be extended for a further three months instead (for those who already have a residence card).
3) Please refrain from coming to the Immigration Service Agency unless unavoidable situations. 4) To prevent the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Tokyo Immigration Bureau has restricted access to the immigration facilities. You will have to wait outside until your turn. You can find the notice for the extension of the period for acceptance of applications and extension of the application examination results in multiple languages through the QR code in the above picture or click HERE: Ministry of Justice.
- Living in Japan during coronavirus: Rent allowance
- How Japanese startups are trying to tackle social issues
- A comprehensive list of financial aid for foreign nationals in Japan amid COVID-19.
- Interview of Trotsenko Philipp
- Interview with Hafidz FitrasaniAdam
- Reasons why you didn?t get a callback
- '"Talk with Nippon companies'" no.3: Colorkrew Inc.
- Rules and processes on entering and exiting Japan amidst COVID19 pandemic
- Solahar raises 15 million yen to set up interpersonal counseling services
- Foreign engineers need to obtain a ?technical visa?