Has your life in Japan changed during the coronavirus time?
Months after the novel coronavirus struck the world, the way we live has changed dramatically. Social distancing and lockdown are the most common measures implemented in most countries throughout the world and Japan is no exception. Let’s take a look at how our lifestyle in Japan has changed since then, from shopping to transportation to food and so on. ・E-commerce is popularised. ・Go shopping by yourself or keep in a small number. ・Electronic payment is recommended. ・No sample and display products touching. ・Maintain a safety space between shoppers in a queue.
Use of transportation
・Refrain from conversations. ・Avoid crowds and large gatherings. ・Walking and bicycling are preferred.
・Take-out and delivery are more prioritised. ・Enjoy meals at outdoor spaces. ・Avoid sharing dishes. ・Sit side by side instead of face to face while having meals. ・Focus on eating, keep the chatter down. ・No sake glass/cup pass around. ・Online nomikai is the new party style.
Entertainment and Sports
・Avoid peak hours to enjoy quality time in the parks. ・Home workout without online workout lessons or online groups. ・Go jogging in small groups. ・Maintain distance when passing each other. ・Take advantage of prior appointments/reservations and be patient until your turn. ・Avoid long stays in small rooms. ・Singing and cheering from far distance or via the internet.
・Work from home. ・Commute to work by train at different times. ・Hold meetings at large or open spaces. ・Implement online meetings. ・Webinars are hosted more frequently. ・Business card exchange moved to online. ・Wear a mask during face-to-face meetings. Can you see yourself in the article? It is disturbing sometimes, but let’s protect yourself to fight the coronavirus together to come back to our normal lives. And don’t forget to wash your hands frequently ;) Source: NHK
- What programming languages are popular in Japan and worldwide?
- How Japan?s aim to be fully digitalized in 2021 is beneficial to IT engineers
- Interview of Navaseltsau Alexander
- How to calculate your monthly net income in Japan
- '"Talk with Nippon companies'" no.3: Colorkrew Inc.
- Interview with Hafidz FitrasaniAdam
- Japanese government fully lifted the state of emergency nationwide
- Multilingual hotline for domestic violence victims amid COVID-19 in Japan
- 6 ways for foreigners in Japan to make overseas remittance
- A new normality at workplace after COVID-19 in Japan