Has your life in Japan changed during the coronavirus time?
Months after the novel coronavirus struck the world, the way we live has changed dramatically. Social distancing and lockdown are the most common measures implemented in most countries throughout the world and Japan is no exception. Let’s take a look at how our lifestyle in Japan has changed since then, from shopping to transportation to food and so on. ・E-commerce is popularised. ・Go shopping by yourself or keep in a small number. ・Electronic payment is recommended. ・No sample and display products touching. ・Maintain a safety space between shoppers in a queue.
Use of transportation
・Refrain from conversations. ・Avoid crowds and large gatherings. ・Walking and bicycling are preferred.
・Take-out and delivery are more prioritised. ・Enjoy meals at outdoor spaces. ・Avoid sharing dishes. ・Sit side by side instead of face to face while having meals. ・Focus on eating, keep the chatter down. ・No sake glass/cup pass around. ・Online nomikai is the new party style.
Entertainment and Sports
・Avoid peak hours to enjoy quality time in the parks. ・Home workout without online workout lessons or online groups. ・Go jogging in small groups. ・Maintain distance when passing each other. ・Take advantage of prior appointments/reservations and be patient until your turn. ・Avoid long stays in small rooms. ・Singing and cheering from far distance or via the internet.
・Work from home. ・Commute to work by train at different times. ・Hold meetings at large or open spaces. ・Implement online meetings. ・Webinars are hosted more frequently. ・Business card exchange moved to online. ・Wear a mask during face-to-face meetings. Can you see yourself in the article? It is disturbing sometimes, but let’s protect yourself to fight the coronavirus together to come back to our normal lives. And don’t forget to wash your hands frequently ;) Source: NHK
- COVID-19 - Impacts on the job market of mid-career engineers in Japan
- Counter offer ? Take it or leave it?
- An Insight on the Developments in the Fashion Tech Industry
- '"Talk with Nippon companies'" no.1: FUBIC SI Co., Ltd
- ?Why did you leave your last job??
- Things you should know before working at a Japanese company
- Creating your Career Plan in Japan
- Information Regarding Status of Residence affected by COVID19
- How to prepare for your online job interview in Japan?
- Japanese government fully lifted the state of emergency nationwide