- Japanese N3 advanced - equivalent to N2
- At least 3 years of experience in web app development using Ruby on Rails
- Experience in maintenance and operation of web apps using Ruby on Rails
- Experience writing tests using RSpec or MiniTest on a regular basis.
- Experience creating API documentation and integrating it with the front-end.
- Regularly upgrade Rails and related gems for web apps using Ruby on Rails.
- Developing gems, publishing them on rubygems.org, and maintaining them.
- Experience in development using github flow.
- Daily conversation level of English
- Experience managing a team of engineers
About the company
We provide a photo sales service based on our vision of "creating a platform that enriches family communication".
Product 1: A photo sales service for nursery schools with more than 2,200 installed facilities and nearly 150,000 users in Japan. This service allows parents and families to view photos of children taken by childcare workers from their PCs, smartphones, and tablets, and to communicate with them. Photos taken by childcare staff are automatically sent to the server, where they are organized and shared using image recognition technology.
In-house Product 2: A service that uses technology to streamline and improve the nursery school napping check (checking the afternoon sleep of children at five-minute intervals). The service was launched with the hope that childcare workers would have more time to focus on the growth of the children.
We are looking forward to working with you to create a platform that enriches family communication, and to take on the challenge of building a smart preschool, a business with high social significance. We are actively looking for new colleagues who will take on the challenge of "enriching family communication around the world".
As a development engineer in the ToB/ToC business, which creates new social infrastructure for families, you will be responsible for the server-side development and operation of all our products.
- People who really want to change the current situation of the childcare industry and family communication.
- The person who can identify issues in the current system and system structure, and proactively take action for improvement.
- The person who is always working to improve their skills as an engineer.
- The person who can work together to develop the product without forgetting to respect the team members.
Language: Ruby(Web), Swift(iOS), Java(Android)
Framework: Ruby on Rails
DB: Postgresql, Redis
Repository management: Bitbucket
CI: Wercker, Jenkins
Server monitoring: Zabbix, NewRelic
Total: 150 people
Average age: 36 years old
Server-side engineers: 10 (including 2 from Korea, 1 from China, 1 from the UK, 1 from Bangladesh, 1 from the US, 1 from India, 1 from the Philippines, 1 from Spain, 1 from Poland)
Flextime system *Core time 10:00-17:00 *Working from home is negotiable
Welfare and Benefits
- Health insurance, employee pension insurance, unemployment insurance, worker's compensation insurance
- Full commuting expenses and self-development assistance
- There are many mothers and fathers in our organization, so we have a flexible work style.
-Permission for second job, shareholding system
- Lending of PC (you can choose the PC you want)
- Health checkup and flu vaccination assistance
- Water server
- Office Glico
- Two days off per week (Saturday and Sunday)
- National holidays
- Annual paid vacation (1 day granted immediately after joining the company)
- Other vacations
Congratulation, condolence, summer, year-end and New Year vacations
- Special leave for new employees (1 day granted)
- Menstrual leave
- Marriage leave
- Childcare leave
- Maternity leave
- Nursing care leave
- Family care leave
Application Screening⇒First Interview⇒Assignment⇒Final Interview
*It takes about one to two weeks from application to offer.
*The number of interviews may increase or decrease depending on the situation.